Summer Season?

 It turned hot this week.  Suddenly, it is in the high 80's and lower 90's with very high humidity.  We now put a new value on swimming in the ocean, not just for mental and physical health but to cool off.  It makes a difference for several hours after swimming in the ocean.  Even the water is warming up a bit but it was never really cold.  We will stick close to a breeze or our air conditioned office.

Along with the heat, my little container garden has exploded.  My tomatoes are blooming and the summer squash has started setting fruit.  The pepper plants are right behind them.  I love it that I can grow a few things.  

Our Coconut starts

Our little garden







Geckos and lizards roam about freely.  Fortunately, our new neighbors have a dog and she keeps the chickens away so they don't bother our plants.  I planted all of the vegetables from seed.  The coconuts are spouted from their husk!  Here is one of our friends on


our front steps.

There is beauty all around us.

Flowers and fruits from around our apartment.







Our lessons went well this week.  We taught both Wednesday and Thursday night lessons.  We love teaching our classes.  We have one of them (Nephi) coming over tonight (Sunday) to cook Filipino food for us tonight along with 5 of his roommates. 

I had a couple of hours yesterday to try my hand at painting an ocean wave.  Here is the first attempt.  I will work on it and see if I can repeat it.


No comments:

Post a Comment