Better Late Than Never!

 The past week and a half have flown by because last week, Janice had knee replacement surgery on her right knee.  We are blessed to be in the right place at the right time for this to happen.  Our mission president, President Bassett encouraged us to have this surgery as soon as possible.  So, during our little holiday from institute, Janice went through with it.  She is completely off of the pain medication now and is getting around pretty good. 


The pain was fairly lively for the first few days but is subsiding.  She is doing so well because you can't keep a good woman down.  Yesterday, on the way home from physical therapy, we stopped at the beach to eat our lunch. She actually forgot to use her walker this morning and walked across the room to the kitchen sink before even realizing it.  She is one tough cookie!!!

I taught our Sunday School Class and our Institute Class by myself this week and I have to honestly admit that the lesson was less interesting without Janice's teaching.  We make a better team together than I do just on my own.  It is a shame that it has taken over 40 years for me to figure that out.  
Our lessons always end with a treat!
I am having the time of my life gardening here.  I am eating fresh tomatoes from my plants that I started from seed and my pineapple plants are really taking off.  I have always wanted to start a coconut tree from a coconut and have gotten my wish.  The Samoan family next door took pity on me and their girl brought me over a coconut that had just started sprouting.  Of course, Janice sent her home with a plate of cookies.
Our coconut trees and pineapple plants

The tomatoes are fresh and delicious!








Time and again, we feel so blessed to be in this wonderful place.  There is very little prejudice here and people are so kind and loving.  We are indeed fortunate to be among this happy people and we thank God for that fact every day!

Sadly, we could not attend our family reunion that happened in spite of our absence.  It brought great gratitude to our hearts to see our children and grandchildren get together and have a grand time.  We love that they love each other and we love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment